About Groove Awards
Groove Awards is an annual awards ceremony held in both Kenya and Rwanda.
It seeks to promote, expose and celebrate Gospel Artists both in Kenya and East Africa. Groove Awards honors outstanding excellence in the Gospel Music Industry with artists in Production, Television and within the various regions of Rwanda and Kenya. Founded in 2004, Groove Awards has honoured over 700 artists and groups and handed out hundreds of statuettes. Over the years, Groove Awards has grown in stature, scope and appreciation, and has quickly become the benchmark by which the industry measures itself.
Objective of Groove Awards
- Promote and connect Gospel artists across Africa
- Open doors for upcoming aspiring singers, songwriters and musicians
- Create benchmarks and help raise the standards in the music industry
- Promote local Gospel artists and their music to a global audience
- Unite gospel musicians through celebrating excellence in music